Sunday, February 1, 2009

Flour on the floor, flour in my hair...

I finally did it! I baked bread! YAY! Jen Ken has been trying to get me into bread baking for probably the last year! I've fed starter, I've dumped starter, I've asked for more starter, gone out of town and not fed the starter and then asked for more (thanks Jen!). And now I have done all that for a reason ...I HAVE NOW BAKED MY FIRST 2 LOAVES!

So, I prepped it last night, getting it all mixed and ready to rise overnight!


And this morning I crawled out of bed EARLY ...beat it, rolled it in flour and got it ready to bake!  Unfortunately, I was so tired and half asleep when I was doing this part that I forgot to take pictures of the big doughy blob that was waiting on me when I woke up! Then I baked it for 30 minutes ....and wa-la I have bread (& a prond soul)! I DID IT!

The presentation outside of the bag can use a little practice, but I thought it tasted yummy and Ash said he liked it ...although he could love me that much that he didn't want to hurt my feelings! :) So, I sent a loaf to my mother-in-law to see what she thinks! We'll see what she says! I at least, packaged it pretty for her!

If anyone is wanting to take part in the bread making frenzy, let me know! I'll give you a cup of starter to get yourself STARTED!

2 comments:

Brandy Parker said...

Yay for making bread! I like the packaging :) I only wish I liked to bake :)

Kim said...

You are more than welcome to come over whenever you want- we'll be here! I would LOVE to go walking when the weather gets nicer. I'm sure it would help me a lot!