While we were in Stephenville, we went to Fossil Rim which is 20 minutes away from Ganny and Papa's in a town called, Glen Rose. Who knew that in the middle of cow town there was 9 miles of safari animals! It was amazing and I thought a wonderful addition to our birthday celebration for Ethan & Evan! Papa went with us and drove so I could be in charge of documenting as much as possible with the camera. I think I took like 300 pictures in 3 hours. I couldn't help my self! There are so many, so here is another slideshow...
We saw all sorts of animals ...deer, antelope, ostrich, zebras, giraffes, and rhinos. And a few horned animals that I'm not even sure what they were! It was amazing. You just drove down 9 miles of free roaming animals. You could buy 1 bag of food to feed them with and of course we bought the food ...that's the whole fun! You could only feed the giraffes out of your hands everything else had to be thrown the food, but the animals would just walk right up to the cars and sometimes even causing traffic jams because they wouldn't move so we could continue on. Evan and Ethan fed the giraffe threw the sunroof, which was so awesome for them. I fed one and you will see a really close up shot of him because I took a picture just as he was pulling away ...ha! Evan even got to hug the giraffes face. Lincoln liked all the animals, but he was more of the throwing the food kind of kid, he didn't want them touching him, who could blame him, they were pretty big animals. The zebras were super friendly like the giraffes, one even licked Ethan on the head when he put his head in the car window. :) It was amazing!
I definitely think that Fossil Rim is a must if you are in that part of the world for a day, I plan to return as often as we can! I had a blast and I know the kids and Papa did, too!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Looks like so much fun! Glad you are back :)
Post a Comment