It's about a little boy who becomes flat when a bulletin board falls on him. At first he is really sad, but then realizes that since he is flat he can do all sorts of new things. One thing is that he could be folded into an envelope and mailed to family and friends ...where he can go on new adventures!
So you guessed it ...Flat Stanley has arrived in Memphis. In fact, one arrived today and the other should be arriving on Saturday. Turns out they both have the same assignment in both of their classes! Today arrived Flat Stanley #1 as I'm calling him and he belongs to Ethan! Crystal and I have decided that we are going to enjoy this assignment far more than any of the children in their classes. She knew I would get into the project just as much as she would. In fact, I have so much planned for the Stanley's ...trips to the zoo, Graceland, down to the river, Sun Studios and much, much more! In fact, Stanley #1 had his first car ride in Memphis and his first hair cut with Fred, today! :)
The assignment only asks that we send a souvenir and a picture next to a landmark for the kids to take to class and share their stories. I've decided to take lots of pictures and do a little photo album for each of them to take to school and then keep. I thought it really make them excited about the assignment! They were both really excited when Crystal told them they were going to send the Flat Stanley's to Memphis. They will get to come visit them when they are in town next month for Lincoln's birthday!
Here is Flat Stanley #1's first evening in Memphis...




2 comments:
That's hilarious! My mom's friend did that for her niece one year and she took Flat Stanley on vacation- they had a blast. You're a good aunt!
I love Flat Stanley!! They sure are lucky to have such a great Aunt like you!!! What an adventure # 1 and # 2 will get to go on while here in Memphis. Wish I could tag along :) Happy, Happy Birthday today :)
Post a Comment