Friday, May 29, 2009

Fun filled summer day...

Today was a fabulous day! It was mostly sunny all day long with a few dark clouds that moved in and moved on! Lincoln and I went to the sprinkler park to catch some sun! He had a blast and I must say I did too just watching him running and splashing. There were kids everywhere and I think that made it that much more fun.





Waiting patiently for the water to turn back on...

Ahhh, that's better!

A dark cloud moved in so everyone started to pack up to leave ...but Lincoln decided he'd like to take one last run through the rainbow...

After running and splashing for about an hour, we dried off, changed clothes and headed across the parking lot to the playground for a little while! Lincoln enjoyed the slides and the monkey bars, but mostly he just relaxed in the swing! I think he was starting to wined down from the sprinkler park.


Before heading home, we made one last stop! THE STRAWBERRY PATCH at Shelby Farms. It was so much fun! We noticed it on our way to the park and I was hoping he would still be awake long enough to do it too! He did! He enjoyed it as much as I did! He walked through the patch with his little bucket like a natural! He was so funny, he even told me not to pick certain ones because they were "yucky" (the bugs or birds had eaten those). I will have to remember this every summer because it was such a great ending to our afternoon.







I just love this picture of him walking through the patch!

Today was a great day with my special boy and I'm looking forward to the rest of our fun filled summer days!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Great post! I love all the pictures!

Mrs. M said...

Where is this water park? I want to go and play!