So, I haven't posted anything in almost 2 weeks, but we just got back in town. We were gone for 10 days. We first went to Columbus, Ohio for one of Ash's cousins wedding. We love going there to visit, we love shopping and we always stay in Easton which has tons of shopping and great restaurants within walking distance. After Columbus, we went to Cleveland for a few days to see Nadeen (or Ninny as Lincoln calls her). We were overdue for a visit with her. We had a great time there, we went to the Science Museum which was awesome, wish Memphis had the same museum here. There was a great play area and Lincoln and her nieces played for hours in there. That night we had a cookout and it was fabulous ...yummy, yummy!
On Tuesday, Ash had to fly home for work, so Nadeen, Lincoln and I had a great lunch, went shopping and then she took us to an Indians baseball game! We had a great time. Lincoln made it through about 3 innings before he got restless and it was time to move on to the next thing! ha! He loved the part when he got to "Boo" the other team! Its the funniest thing ...instead of pointing his thumbs down he points his pointer fingers down and says boo! Its precious! Ash has him saying, "Boo Michigan" now! Cleveland was a great time ...(Ninny, we love and miss you!)
After a few days in Cleveland, we headed to Canada! We drove from Cleveland to Niagara Falls. The drive wasn't too bad! It was mine and Lincoln's first time to Canada. Niagara Falls was breath-taking! We stayed overlooking both falls! Our room was on the 30th floor with the most amazing view! Lincoln loved looking out the window, especially when they had fireworks late that night, we had a front row seat from our window! I can't wait to post the pictures! While in Niagara we took a walking tour down next to the water. It was amazing, the rapids were 10+ feet high and the rapids were so fast! I think they said it was Class 5 or 6 rapids! Lincoln loved it. The song of the water was so amazing!
After Niagara Falls we were on to Toronto. Can I just tell you that the traffic between the two was JUST PLAN AWFUL! It was only a few hours drive, I think it should have been like 3 hours and it took about 5. It wasn't rush-hour it was just tons of people doing the same thing we were doing ...driving! Ugh! We had to stop at a mall on the side of the road to get a new DVD player because Lincoln had broken our other one and he was so tired of being in the car without a movie ...but it was so worth having to buy a new one! ha! But once there it was all worth it for sure! Toronto was great. It reminded me of a smaller New York City. We got there just in time for dinner. We had dinner at Joe Badali's, its a yummy Italian restaurant. After that we headed to a street festival, BuskerFest! Nothing better than funnel cake and fire dancers to end a first night in Toronto! On Friday we ate lunch in the Distillery Historic District and then went to tour Casa Loma. Casa Loma was beautiful! Lincoln slept the whole time we were there, but Ash and I really enjoyed it. Again, I can't wait to post the pictures.
Ok, hang in there ...I'm almost done! Finally we were off to Detroit/Dearborn, Michigan. Ash's brother, Iymon got engaged so we drove there for the party! We didn't really do anything in Detroit except go to the party, but I did get some pictures from that to share, too! Then Sunday was back to Memphis!
Most of the pictures from the trip are still on Ash's computer, so I can't post them all now, but I will post the ones I can! I hope you enjoy! love, Shanna
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Love the pictures!! The one of the 3 of y'all is the best!! Looks like you had a great time. :)
Oh my goodness, Toronto looks so pretty. I have never been to Canada either... now I want to go!!
Looks like you guys had a great time!! I bet it's nice to be home though :)
Post a Comment