Oh, wow, before Christmas! Well, let me catch everyone up! We went to Texas this year for Christmas! It was great! We celebrated at Crystal's this year. We are going to try to alternate it each year, so no one has to do all the traveling. We left Memphis on Christmas Eve and got there in time for dinner and gifts! :) My mom had been busy for two days cooking and had made such a great spread for everyone, I don't think I'd ever seen so much food! It was YUMMY ...thanks Ganny!
The kids had a blast opening gifts as usual! It was more exciting than last year for Lincoln, he actually knows what presents are now, so he was thrilled with it all and so fun for us to watch him!
Ethan and Evan got Nintendo DS's and that was absolutely their favorite part of their Christmas gifts, ha! We could barely get them off those things! Lincoln got so many things, I don't know if he had a favorite, he just seemed excited about everything!
Christmas morning was MORE PRESENTS! We woke up and got ready and headed to Crystal's for Santa.
We were so surprised when we got there ...Santa had left Ethan & Evan a horse! They got Shiloh The Horse! She is beautiful and so gentle! The kids were so excited!
Lincoln was not a big fan of the horse, I think it was a little too big for him, so he was more excited about his new Diego Train for now and will love Shiloh in time!
After playing with Santa's gifts and eating some yummy leftovers for lunch we took the kids to see The Tale of Despereaux. It was such a cute movie and it was Lincoln's first movie to sit through. I'm sure that it helped that he slept through half of it.
Outside the Hilton after seeing the movie...
Friday after the festivities we took the kids to get their pictures taken together! Let's just say that taking pictures of my child at this age is EXHAUSTING! He is great when it comes to candid shots, but getting him to sit and pose for the camera ...close to impossible! Ethan & Evan were such good sports. Evan was really good at trying to get him to sit down with her. Finally they played a little game with him where they would all run around and then plop down on the ground, they knew that when he sat down they were supposed sit down as close as possible to him and SMILE BIG! It worked! We captured ONE picture of them all three smiling and facing forward. It might not be the most common pose for the photographer, but I was thrilled with it and I know Crystal was too! The other kicker ...the vest! Crystal bought these adorable vests for them to all wear. I forgot to mention when she got them that Lincoln hates anything that comes up high on his neck, so of course that is why my child doesn't have on his cute vest! HA! But hey, the picture turned out cute so that's all that matters! And of course, I'm sure you'd all like to see the picture ...but my scanner is giving me fits so I can't scan it! :( But as soon as its working, I'll post it!
After the crazy photo session, we headed to Chick-fil-a for lunch. I did manage to get an adorable picture ...candid shot of course ...of all three of them together! The picture just shows off their wonderful smiles and the wonderful closeness of them, which just melts my heart!
Well, the holidays are over and the new year has begun and I know I'm looking forward to a wonderful 2009!
Happy New Year everyone!




2 comments:
santa left them a horse? to keep?
I'm with Lincoln on the horse... no thanks!! Love me some Diego, though! :)
Post a Comment